Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Favorite Film Version of Me


Hollywood has tried many times over the years to capture my essence on the big screen. Some have been better than other but most have fallen short, but then what can you expect? I am an icon that defies culture and time, so how in the name of Heaven could anyone hope to capture my glory on film.

Well Disney for once got so close that it was a little scary. The film was 2007’s Enchanted. My name in this film was Prince Edward and I was portrayed by the fabulously delicious and talented James Marsden.

The film is an excellent parody/satire of the Disney fair tale films, while at the same time holding the line with the story that it never comes off as a joke. The irony and satire is subtle and that makes for a great film. I saw the film with a bunch of my fairy tale cohorts (we were out incognito as we tend to do when out in public) and we all loved it. Snow White was laughing so hard at points and crying so hard at others that I was afraid that we were going to have to call the fairy tale paramedics to give her oxygen.

I’m not going to give away the plot of the film because you really need to see it for yourself. Besides, how can you go wrong with singing, dancing, romance, magic, and James Marsden? You can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment