Saturday, November 28, 2009

Who’s Your Favorite Disney Princess?

I stumbled on this poll this morning. It is asking readers to pick their favorite Disney Princess. Walt Disney has a perilous relationship with most in the fair tale community (in other words, most of my brethren would have loved to burn the man and his company on a stake). Personally I’ve never had a problem with what Disney has done to own tales. Yes the company butchered and watered them down but so did the Grimm’s yet no one is lining up to take out those blokes.

I think that part of the problem is that many of my fellow fairy talers are just not happy with how they were portrayed on the big screen. I can understand this, but to condemn what amounts to harmless entertainment for elementary school kids is a bit much. Then again not all of them can look as good on the big screen as I do.

Back to the poll…I’m not sure that I could pick just one Princess. I love them all. That is like asking a parent to pick their favorite child. I adore all of the damsels that I have saved. But my fair and loyal readers should definitely vote. Let the best Princess win.

No comments:

Post a Comment